Tuesday, September 30, 2008

41 and olding... I mean holding.

Turned 41 today and survived it. I found a saying recently that was timely, "Don't complain about growing older, it is a privilege denied to many." Of unknown origin, but it makes sense. Had we been born at any other time, in any other country, to other parents our chances of mere survival would be vastly different. The last year has been trying, frustrating, greatly clarifying, and has provided some new priorities like exercise and eating correctly - at least 50% of the time. Also clarified what is truly important and what can be trimmed away from my stress factors. Thanks for hanging with me and being my BRA Chix this year, here's to more good times, great memories and adventures that await us in the coming year(s)!

Peace and Blessings ;-P
Michelle

1 comment:

Katharyn said...

Happy Birthday! I just turned 25, while dad turned 59 - life goes on.

As a person who mostly wears skirts, spends her spare time knitting and quilting and is learning how to spin, loves to cook and keep house, and if she can manage it will stay home with the children when their are children... I've been repeatedly told "Katharyn, you were born in the wrong time!"… I was born via a non-scheduled cesarean; my twin was still born, I am a frequently ill adult and was a constantly ill child including two battles of whooping cough though I was vaccinated against it. Can we say high infant mortality rate? My mannerisms may be reminiscent of the past, but if anything my body was born to soon!