Monday, May 18, 2009

And the results are in (don't worry, it's good)!

"No cancer cells detected in biopsy sample." I had the nurse read it twice, so I got the words right. No colonoscopy for... three years (unless I am symptomatic), and my oncologist said I'm good to go for six months until he runs my labs again, but he would like to see me lose 20-30 pounds - and I didn't kick him. I see him again in November just before T-day, that being as good a time as any. Don't know what they biopsied, but it was nothing to write home about, probably some gum I swallowed 20 years ago.

The proactive lifestyle begins now. I had a year to be reactive and stumbled along through it mostly until about last October, so now I'm calling the shots and it will be more healthy and less sedentary; more whole foods and less proccessed; more quality and less quantity... of course after tonight's celebratory Krispy Kreme's are gone, which should be about 10 minutes after Joe arrives home. The boys and Dan may be looking to be adopted.

Thanks for the support, prayers, hugs, warm fuzzies, etc. And if you think this means the forced retirement of the BRA Chix, no way! Now, our new mission is the creation of anecdotal evidence of just how cracked we are in the process to get in shape, more fun and frolic and less time spent in and around hospitals. AMEN!

Peace and BLESSINGS! ;-P
Michelle