Saturday, July 5, 2008

Med update and trip recap - day 2

Medical update: M's energy is at 75-80%; Ian is beginning to lose his hair from chemo, but being 8, thinks it's cool for now. We are at 17 people who have had butt scopes due to my experience and all have come out with no surprises - clean bills of health! ;-P

SD trip recap 6/29 - I was much better after a full night's sleep. Dan and I were unsure of how sharing a double bed would go since we have a king at home. I think once I finally fell asleep I didn't move until 7 a.m., so he had no complaints. We met the first wave of cousins at the breakfast room of our lodge (www.palmergulch.com) and one of the local cousins had brought two large coolers filled with snow from last January for a snowball fight in July! Great fun and a welcome cool down as it was already 75 degrees at 10 a.m.

We met the families of cousin LaVer's 4 girls including identical twin cousins I had not seen since I was 4 and they were 9. Found we have 3 sets of twins in the family of which I was not aware - glad I dodged that bullet! Hope we didn't jinx my sister as it usually skips a generation. Spent the day visiting and catching up on who was connected to who, sharing old photos and new photos of D/D wedding. Had a nap just after the snowball fight , a wheelchair tour of the park with my dad and Nick and then hung out with family and another nap. We gathered for a BBQ dinner and cousin Barney made the grub. He worked for the Forest Service feeding forest fire volunteers and smoke jumpers, so he's a grubbin' pro.

Dan will be editing the numerous photos he took of the family reunion, a side trip to the Badlands he took with J, and other assorted photos and I'll provide the link when they are ready to go. At the BBQ, he was a snapping fool because he wanted to get photos of each family group as well as individual conversational groups when all were wearing name tags. Then he would have a master to figure out names and faces on subsequent photos. Good plan, man!

No comments: