Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5/27 - Day of Frustration

Well, I've been waiting for weeks to get really angry at someone about this and you are lucky you were nowhere around today. Ive been waiting 3 weeks to see this surgeon my gastro referred me to - arrived on time with Dan to my appointment - and the doctor NEVER showed up!?! We waited over 45 minutes and kept being told he will be here any minute. I pitched a hissy - screamed out the van window on the freeway home and feel MUCH better now. THEN an hour later, I found out the CT Scan we hand-delivered to my oncologist isn't even MINE?!? I get to straighten that out tomorrow and with the HIPA issues, somebody is going to get a good chewing out... Is the world full of morphodite nincompoops? Doesn't anyone realize we're dealing with CANCER here?

If I wasn't reassured before I am now SO GLAD we took proactive steps to seek an independent (and cute) surgeon and (highly proven and capable) oncologist instead of waiting around some more. I have a PET SCAN on Friday at 10 and then we are going to get my mom a turquoise bedazzled jeans jacket to match her 1954 Bel Air... retail therapy works wonders... I may have cancer, but it doesn't have me!

So the next steps are PET scan Friday (which looks for rebel cancer cells from hair follicles to toenails), surgery prep 6/2 and 6/3, check in for surgery at 10 a.m. 6/4 and you should hear from me again about the time of Joe's 13th birthday on June 8. We have a bet going if he will hit 6' by then; he's 5'11 3/8" now...

Peace and blessings - the tumor is toast in 8 days!!!
Michelle

No comments: