Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back Down Under! Mission Beach Sunrise


This is a SUNRISE on the Pacific! One of the highlights of my trip - I had to get up at 5 a.m. to capture it and I shot photos for 45 minutes. One of those "moments" of the trip with no cost but my investment of time and awe. Like the Mastercard commercial: Airline ticket to Australia: $4500 on Mastercard; tour expenses: $1200 on Mastercard; seeing your first ever SUNRISE over the Pacific in 40 years: Priceless.






My cohorts for the excursion of the morning, Petra and Natalie. Petra was so sunburned from the previous day's whitewater raft trip that she was awake when we were heading to the beach and I showed her that vinegar takes the sting out of sunburn. Bottles of vinegar are posted along AUS beaches to alleviate jelly stings. Nat was from Wales and Petra from Amsterdam.







These photos are from a sunrise over the Pacific at 5:00 a.m. on the first week in AUS. The birds were making so much ruckus and the humidity was climbing even at that ungodly hour, being up was better than being in a sticky sleeping bag and we got first showers to boot.

This is a kookaburra who posed for us and watched the sunrise as well. This is the closest I ever got to one and they have a heck of a laugh. These birds are AUS national alarm clocks.


Two more days of school for the boys and I'll sort through more photos to post tomorrow. Peace and Blessings,

Michelle ;-P

No comments: