Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Escape to Australia anyone?

This weather sure sucks for June, and my energy level sagged so I took a step back today. Drove boys to school, bed, tea, chat with Lucy, bed, pick up boys, send Joe for one errand on the way home, bed, phone calls, computer work, shower, dinner, bed. What an exciting day... Up for an Australian escape? Good, me too!


Nat, Caroline, Alex, Charlotte cold and wet on glass-bottom boat trip.











Me with giant clam shell on Michaelmas Cay.
$15K fine to take that puppy home - that would have blown a big hole in the vacation budget on the first day of tour.








From left Sylvia, Charlie, Petra, Meg, me Adam, Charlie, Ellie (blonde w/back to us) we are signing the releases to do snorkeling and scuba. I didn't do either, having just met my group and not sure who would truly stick with a new partner - I observed. It was also about 60 degrees and a bit nippy.



Staghorn coral from glass-bottom boat trip. No other photos came out well and I really missed the sea turtle. That one had to be experienced live.

Weather improved the next day as we hit Mission Beach. Camped in an RV park and it was the best so far b/c it had a pool. We hit the humid weather then and spent HOURS just hanging in the pool and viewing Mirra Mirra Falls. MUCH better photos come tomorrow!

Michelle ;-P

No comments: