Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sydney Aquarium


These jelly fish in black light look more like glass art than sea creatures to me.








With just one day in Sydney, I spent three hours in the Sydney Aquarium.



My favorite part was walking through the ocean tubes while sharks, immense sea turtles and sting rays swim over, around and beside you. The closest thing to scuba diving for the water fearful. I love to visit aquariums almost more than anything else when traveling.

The sea turtle pictured is about the size of a small living room CHAIR, roughly 4' head to tail and 3' across.

Coral reef fishes in among the rocks and an assortment of corals. This was a better view than I had at the GBR, and more varieties of sea creatures and corals live in deeper currents.

Peaceful blessings,
Michelle ;-P

No comments: